Scruton Walk 2
Distance: 2.5 Miles. This walk is all on Public Rights of Way.
Stiles: Two (indicated on the map).
Description: A favourite with the dog walkers.
Warning: Obey the countryside rules regarding gates, livestock and crops. If taking your dog, keep it on the lead at all times and be sure to take poo bags with you to clear up any mess. Be considerate at all times.
- Starting point is the village green near the church.
- With your back to the church turn left and walk about 50 metres to the footpath on your right next to Glebe Cottage.
- Go through the kissing gate, walk ahead and over the stile into the field.
- Turn left and follow the edge of the field to a stile on the far side.
- Cross the stile and go straight across the field to the line of pylons.
- Turn right and follow the track to Scruton Lane where you turn right.
- Just before you get to the Coore Arms pub, take the footpath on the right which goes diagonally across the field to the first stile encountered and walk back to the start.